Saturday 1 April 2006

My LDAW syndrome

I've been down today. Down, not with the stuff I was down with two weeks back, but down with the Last Day at Work syndrome. Symptoms: hand possesses a page of paper with loads of signatures, face holds a bit of a smile, but the feeling inside is not good.


When I woke up in the morning, I realised it was going to be a long day. I tried to stay in bed as long as I could, but then couldn't sleep beyond half-past-seven. Got ready, had a light breakfast, for my appetite had taken a holiday.

I reached office at around 9:30, very early by my standards. There were a few final tasks that I needed to do before I got start the exit process.. some configuration work. I got that going, and soon walked into the HR area. Was handed a sheet of paper on which I had to get signatures of people from the various departments. Parked the paper aside to take care of after lunch.

Lunch was a quick affair, I don't even recall what I'd eaten.. my appetite still hadn't returned from wherever it'd gone to.

Started the signature thing after lunch.. While that proceeded on a casual course, I ran into a lot of people, some very old faces, some not-so-old, and some brand new. I still can't believe how fast the people in a company can change. You scan your floor one day, and you realise that you don't know half the people who're working there. Then the exit interview.. there wasn't much to that, a few points of honest feedback, and I got my relieving letter.

It has hit me hard that things would be different from now on. That I won't be around the people that I'd grown to be comfortable with.

I guess the LDAW syndrome is now gone - I no longer work in Adea.

1 comment:

arjun said...

Everything appears to come to an end, one phase ends, another begins, but somehow things keep going on....